Can't change mockup on FogBugz wiki page

  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

We are trying out the FogBugz Plugin for Balsamiq. If I add a mockup to a wiki article and save it, it saves just fine. If I then go back into edit mode and:
- click Widget Properties for the Mockup widget
- click Edit UI Mockup
- make a change in the Balsamiq editor
- click Mockup -> Save and Close

I'm taken back to the FogBugz page in edit mode, but my mockup changes are not saved when I save the wiki. I see no way to edit an existing mockup and save those changes in a wiki article. I've tried Firefox and Chrome.

joshl

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Like
  • disappointed

Posted 3 years ago

  • 3

Michael Angeles, Official Rep

  • 2183 Posts
  • 93 Likes
Hi, joshl. Sorry this is happening. :( I asked the guys to look at this issue and respond.

Kelly

  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Likes
I'm in the middle of a product release and need to make updates to the mockups within our functional specs in order to stay on schedule and ensure our team is building the correct features.

We use Fogbugz on Demand with Balsamiq to maintain all of our specs, so I'm basically dead in the water until I can update the mockups again.

Pretty frustrating. I can feel your pain, Joshl.

andygeek

  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Likes
As a workaround to this issue, I do the following:
- Download the bmml file from the wiki and edit it using Balsamiq Mockups for Desktop
- Make the changes needed, and then click File > Export Mockup XML... (this will copy the xml data of the mockup to the clipboard)
- Then in FogBugz, edit the wiki and add a new UI mockup to the wiki
- In the editor for the new mockup, click Mockup > Import Mockup XML and paste the xml data in there
- Save changes and then delete the old mockup from the wiki

It's a bit of a hassle but at least it works.

Marco Botton, Super duper coder

  • 98 Posts
  • 3 Likes
Hi all, thank you for reporting this bug!
There is a problem in FogBugz 8, for all plugins. FogCreek is already working on that and the fix will be ready soon.

Ciao
Marco

Kelly

  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Likes
Does anyone have an update on timing for this?

joshl

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Like
Fog Creek gave me this workaround, which fixed the problem for me. They said to contact them if you have questions about when the official fix is released, or keep an eye on http://fogbugz.stackexchange.com/rele....

Good news! Our talented and handsome developers have located the core of the issue and a workaround. You just need to remove two lines of code.

Locate the plugin.js file at (by default) C:\Program Files\FogBugz\website\ckeditor\_source\plugins\FBwikiWidget\plugin.js and make a copy to be safe. Then, edit the original with any text editor (you'll *really* want one that can display line numbers, like Notepad++ if it's available; it makes this a lot easier).

Locate the following two lines; they should be at line numbers 109 and 234:

el.attributes.contentEditable = 'false';

elFakeElement.$.contentEditable = false;

Once you've located them, simply delete them and save the document. Then run the "build.bat" file inside the C:\Program Files\FogBugz\website\ckeditor folder. Then you'll need to run the "build.bat" file inside the C:\Program Files\FogBugz directory. This will stop your FogBugz for about five minutes or so.

joshl

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Like
Note that Fog Creek released FogBugz 8.1.6 today, which fixes this issue.

Michael Angeles, Official Rep

  • 2183 Posts
  • 93 Likes
Thanks for the update, joshl!

Giacomo 'Peldi' Guilizzoni, Official Rep

  • 2122 Posts
  • 153 Likes
Just a quick note to let you know that 2.0 is now live: http://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/201...